Lead Developer/ Software Engineer
Will you help one of our 24 Agile teams to become a high performance team?
What are you going to do?
We at Transavia are looking for a Lead Developer/ software engineer who is able to lead one of our end to end product teams or an end to end team that has yet to be formed. Within these teams, everyone works on all possible tasks that are necessary to make the products, for which the team is responsible, successful. For example, we mostly work in T-shaped roles. You focus on the quality of the team's output and help the team members in developing their skills. We are looking for someone who has a focus on continuous improvement and helps the team in their ever-changing environment. End to end responsibility for a product, range or services; you don't work on a specific function, but on complete products.
The Lead Developer/ software engineer has the following distinguishing characteristics:
- As a team, you have an end to end responsibility for a product, range of products or services; you do not work on a specific function, but on complete products.
- You develop functional specifications and new functionalities with new and/or existing techniques and IT systems.
- You ensure innovation and a high degree of change by using or developing new applications using mainly existing techniques;
- You influence the functioning of the IT infrastructure and the investments in innovation;
- You supervise performances and perform "end to end (peer) reviewing" and contribute to the renewal of methodologies and techniques;
- You support and advise management and IT specialists.
- You report to the Delivery Lead.
Who are you?
- Academic working and thinking level obtained through IT training or experience
- A minimum of 7 years experience in IT, partly in a development oriented environment
- Experience and knowledge of Agile
- Fluent command of the English language
- Insight into application management, development/test methods and techniques, tools, and software
- Insight into IT architecture, architectural processes and methodologies and into specific infrastructure components
- Insight into life cycle and capacity, performance & availability management
- Knowledge of Information Management
Technical programming knowledge / languages such as:
- .Net (Backend, Sitecore);
- .Net Core (Backend, Domain Services);
- Powershell (CI scripts);
- SpecFlow+ (Test tool).
What can you expect from us?
- A fantastic workplace nearby Schiphol;
- The responsibility to shape your job as you see fit;
- Plenty of scope for personal development;
- Flexible working hours;
- Friendly and enthusiastic colleagues;
- Personal budget for your sustainable employability and vitality;
- Mobility budget
- We work hard, but also play hard;
- An end-of-year bonus and profit sharing;
- Last but not least, if you are an avid flyer in your free time, our ISA scheme (excellent fares if seats are available) is absolutely for you!
Our motto is: "We make low cost feel good". We happily go the extra mile for our passengers and for each other. The atmosphere in our organisation is characterised by our passionate staff with a ‘green’ heart! Every day we work as a team to achieve a common goal: a memorable customer experience.
As an independent airline within the Air France-KLM Group, we have been operating scheduled and charter flights to more than 100 destinations, primarily in Europe and North Africa, for the past 50 years. There are about 2,500 colleagues working at Transavia: 230 in Technical Services, 600 pilots, 1,300 cabin attendants and 370 office staff.
Transavia is a dynamic organisation (never a dull moment) that continuously evolves with the changing world of aviation. Would you like to work in an environment with enthusiastic, decisive colleagues who look out for each other? Do change and innovation give you a boost of energy and do you feel right at home in an environment where you can manage your own work? Then we would like to hear from you.
Want to apply?
Are you the one who will lead us through this Digital Transformation? Do you, as a Lead Developer/ software engineer, match with what we are searching for and would you especially like to become a real Transavian and strengthen our fleet? If so, apply via the button below. Got questions about this opportunity? Please contact the responsible recruiter at: email@example.com!
Your job application procedure
- You apply! We will assess your application within two weeks and let you know whether you will be invited for an interview.
- First contact: We will call you to get acquainted and to schedule an appointment.
- The first interview: There will be an initial interview with a team leader and a colleague from the team to see if there is a match and assess your behaviour.
- Is there a match? Then a technical assessment will follow.
- In the second interview, which focusses more on the technical skills, you will present the assessment and we will elaborate on your technical knowledge.
- Is the match complete? Then we will be more than happy to make you an offer, and your journey at Transavia can begin! You will need to go through a screening procedure first for (aviation) security requirements.
No (recruitment) agencies please. A background check is included in the procedure.